After the GAANN fellows are hired and begin on their research, this page will feature the research publications that they have created during their time at the University of Colorado Boulder. In the meantime, here is a list of representative publications that the professors in the team have created. Feel free to read these to get a sense for what research is being done here by our team.
Note: Text in this style denotes graduate student authors.
- Barstow, C.K., Dotson, A.D., Linden, K.G. 2014. Assessing point of use ultraviolet disinfection for safe water in urban developing communities. IWA Journal of Water and Health, 12(4):663-669.
- Beck, S.E., Wright, H.B., Hargy, T.M., Larason, T.C., Linden, K.G. 2015. Action Spectra for Validation of Pathogen Disinfection in Medium-Pressure Ultraviolet (UV) Systems. Water Research, 70:27-37
- Bielefeldt, A.R., N. Canney. 2015. Changes in the Social Responsibility Attitudes of Engineering Students Over Time. Science and Engineering Ethics. In press.
- Bielefeldt, A.R., M. W. Stewart, E. Mansfield, R.S. Summers, J.N. Ryan. 2013. Effects of chlorine and other water quality parameters on the release of silver nanoparticles from a ceramic surface. Water Research. 47, 4032-4039.
- Bonstrom, H. and R.B. Corotis. 2014. First-Order Reliability Approach to Quantify and Improve Building Portfolio Resilience. J. Struct. Eng., C4014001.
- Chatterley, C., Javernick-Will, A., Linden, K.G., Kawser, A., Laure, B., Mohini, V. 2014. A qualitative comparative analysis of well-managed school sanitation in Bangladesh. BMC public health, Vol. 14, No. 6. Pp. 1-14.
- Karimi, Z., and Dashti, S. 2015. Numerical and Centrifuge Modeling of Seismic Soil-Foundation-Structure-Interaction on Liquefiable Ground. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 04015061(14), 1-14.
- Ghayoomi, M., and Dashti, S. 2015. Effect of Ground Motion Characteristics on Seismic Soil-Foundation-Structure Interaction. Earthquake Spectra Journal, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, 31(3), 1-24.
- Elwood, E. and R.B. Corotis. 2015. Application of Fuzzy Pattern Recognition of Seismic Damage to Concrete Structures. ASCE-ASME J. Risk Uncertainty Eng. Syst., Part A: Civ. Eng., 04015011.
- Gillis, K., Dashti, S., Hashash, Y. 2015. Dynamic Calibration of Tactile Sensors for Measurement of Soil Pressures in Centrifuge. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 38(3), 1-14.
- Hurley, M. and R.B. Corotis. 2014. Perception of Risk of Natural Hazards: A Hazard Mitigation Plan Framework, International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management, 17(3), 188-211.
- McCormick, M., A.R. Bielefeldt, C. Swan, K. Paterson. 2015. Assessing Students’ Motivation to Engage in Sustainable Engineering. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 16 (2), 136-154.
- Piscopo, A.N., J.R. Kasprzyk, R.M. Neupauer. 2015. An iterative approach to multi-objective engineering design: Optimization of engineered injection and extraction for enhanced groundwater remediation. Environmental Modelling and Software, 69: 253-261.
- Smith, R., J.R. Kasprzyk, E. Zagona. 2015. Many-Objective Analysis to Optimize Pumping and Releases in Multireservoir Water Supply Network. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. In Press
- Srubar III, WV. 2015. Stochastic Service-Life Modeling of Chloride-Induced Corrosion in Recycled-Aggregate Concrete. Cement and Concrete Composites; 55:103-111. j.cemconcomp.2014.09.003.
- Srubar III, WV. 2015. An Analytical Model for Predicting the Freeze-Thaw Durability of Wood-Fiber Composites. Composites Part B: Engineering; 69: 435-442/j.compositesb. 2014.10.015.
- Srubar III, WV. 2015. The Future of LCAs and EPDs: Incorporating Service-Life in the Environmental Impact Assessments of Green Building Materials. AEI 2015: 606-615.